This academic year, Relationships, Sex and Health Education will become statutory in all Primary schools in England. This will build on the non-statutory lessons we have always previously taught in Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) at St Bede’s.
We have been researching various programmes that are available and have decided to adopt Life to the Full by Ten Ten Resources. Ten Ten is an award-winning Catholic educational organisation that is well-respected and very experienced in this field of work.
Teachers will teach lessons which are sequential, age appropriate and differentiated to the child’s ability. The activities and reflections which each class are involved in focus on physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development.
Some of the areas lessons will explore are:
- about the physical development of their bodies as they grow into adults
- that humans reproduce
- about the importance of family life
- about the parts of the body
- about puberty
- to respect the views of other people
- about what to do about inappropriate behaviour
As the children progress through the school the content of the lessons becomes further in-depth. The lessons are in line with our policy, Diocesan and Local Authority guidance.
Ten Ten have provided an online Parent Consultation Tool which:
- Outlines the statutory changes that will take place.
- Articulates a vision for Catholic Relationships and Health Education.
- Explains how Life to the Full aims to help us fulfil the statutory curriculum with a Catholic ethos.
- Provides some information about key decisions we need to make, in consultation with parents.
- Answers some Frequently Asked Questions.
Ten Ten have also provided an Online Parent Portal which will keep you informed about what is being taught in school.
To take part in the consultation, please do the following:
- Access the Parent Consultation Tool here: www.tentenresources.co.uk/parent-consultation-primary
- You will need the following login credentials for our school:
- Username: st-bedes-ne33
- Password: glass-22-ne33
- Undertake the Parent Consultation course provided
- Complete the following questionnaire which can be found here by Friday 29th October 2021https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6N2QQY9