Welcome to Year One
This year the children will enjoy an exciting transition from the Foundation Stage to Key Stage One and the National Curriculum. We aim to make this move as smooth as possible, encouraging learning through play and more structured activities. On our class page you will be able to find information about our class and view photos of our varied activities. You will also find weekly spellings and homework, as well as useful links to support learning at home. We hope you enjoy viewing our Year 1 page.
- Year 1 Curriculum Information
- Curriculum Overview Y1 – Autumn 2023
- RE Curriculum Parents Letter – Autumn 2023
- Maths Target Card – Autumn
- Spellings – Autumn 2
- Mantal Maths Homework – Date of test 30th November
- Spelling Shed – Weekly Spellings Allocated
- My Maths – 10 Times Tables
- TTRS – 10 Times Tables
- Active Learn – Words and Sentences
- SPaG.com – Capital Letters and Full Stops (A and B), Creating Sentences (A and B)
Times Table Songs
- BBC Super Movers – 10 Times Table Song
- Percy Parker – 5 Times Table Song
- BBC Super Movers – 2 Times Table Song
Your child’s reading day can be found in their reading record book. On this day we will hear your child read and change their book. Children are encouraged to read at least once a day at home for at least 10-15 minutes. Can you please ensure your child brings their reading book and reading record into school every day.
All children are given a spelling booklet for each half term. The booklets are used to support your child in practicing their spellings prior to a end of week test on a Friday morning. Using the booklets provided, your child should use the process of Look, Cover, Write and Check. The weekly spelling are also uploaded to Spelling Shed each week. This provides an alternative strategy to support your child in practicing their spellings.
Each child is given maths homework on a Friday afternoon. This is used in preparation for our weekly mental maths test on a Thursday morning.