Welcome to Year One
This year the children will enjoy an exciting transition from the Foundation Stage to Key Stage One and the National Curriculum. We aim to make this move as smooth as possible, encouraging learning through play and more structured activities. On our class page you will be able to find information about our class and view photos of our varied activities. You will also find weekly spellings and homework, as well as useful links to support learning at home. We hope you enjoy viewing our Year 1 page.
Mrs McVittie & Mrs Dunn
- Year 1 Curriculum Information
- Curriculum Overview Y1 – Autumn 2021
- RE Curriculum Parents Letter – Spring 2022
- Maths Target Card – Spring 1
- Maths Target Card – Spring 2
Our reading day is a Friday and reading books will be changed at this time. Children are encouraged to read at least once a day at home for at least 10-15 minutes. Can you please ensure your child brings their reading book and reading record into school every day.
This week’s online Homework :
- My Maths – ‘Introduction to Number and Place Value’
- Spelling Shed – /ee/ Sound – Set 2
- SPaG.com – ‘Grammar Y1 (B)’ and ‘Capital letters and full stops (B)’
- Active Learn – ‘Spelling with Phonemes’
- Times Table Rockstars – 10 Times Table