Welcome to Year 5
Year 5 – a very warm welcome to you and all of your families. We have missed you all and are very pleased to have you back in school. We are looking forward to sharing your Year 5 journey with you and hope that you have a fantastic year with us. We have lots of interesting topics to cover!
As part of Upper Key Stage 2, you may find that this year is not always easy. We will encounter many challenges throughout the year as you are encouraged to become more independent learners in preparation for Year 6. However, we are still a team and we will support each other through any difficulties we may face.
On this page, you will find important information about our Year 5 curriculum and some links to useful websites.
In Year 5, we aim to be enthusiastic, hardworking and successful learners. We promise to do our very best for you and hope that in return you will try your best too.
Mrs Usher, Mrs McDonald and Mr Maratty
- Active Learn
- My Maths
- Time Tables Rock Stars
- Prodigy Maths
- Lure of the Labrynth
- Past SATs Papers
- BBC Bitesize Maths Revision
- Real PE – At home programme which supports families to be active, play and learn together.
- White Rose Maths – White Rose Maths are currently providing a daily video and work under the home learning tab on the website’s main page.
- Number fun – Maths videos, songs, activities and games.
- Jumpstart Johnny – Jump Start Jonny is helping families stay fit and healthy with his FREE workout videos! There are also mindfulness activities that help children stay calm and downloadable resources that keep children well occupied!
- Super movers – Fun curriculum linked resources to get children moving while they learn.
- Go Noodle – A range of movement and mindfulness videos and games
- duolingo – learn a new language – where in the world do you want to go today