Welcome to Year 4 with Mrs Davis and Miss Foggon
A very warm welcome to our new Year 4 class!
We have a very busy but exciting year ahead.
The Exciting Stuff….
- Swimming lessons at Haven Point have returned and the children of Year 4 will attend a swimming lesson each Friday afternoon up until February half term.
- The children will also be learning how to play the recorder. Mr Storey (a specialist music teacher) will teach the children every Tuesday afternoon.
- The children will work towards achieving their Pen Licence this year. To achieve their Pen Licence, handwriting needs to be consistent in size with clear ascenders (tall letters) and descenders (letters that drop below the line), capital letters and punctuation and neatly presented. Please support your child with any handwritten homework tasks to help them achieve their pen licence.
IMPORTANT: The Year 4 Multiplication Check will be going ahead this year. This is an online test that the children will complete in school (in the Summer Term) which will assess their knowledge of their times tables. All children in Year are expected to know all of the times tables up to 12 x 12.
We do practice and learn these tables throughout the year but please help your child practice and learn their tables at home and encourage them to play games on Times Tables RockStars.
Further information about the Multiplication Check will be sent out in due course.
We have a jam-packed year ahead of us with lots of fun and exciting trips and visits. Please keep an eye on the website as I will be posting photographs of what we have been up to and pieces of the children’s work!
- Active Learn
- My Maths
- Time Tables Rock Stars
- Prodigy Maths
- Lure of the Labrynth
- Past SATs Papers
- BBC Bitesize Maths Revision
- Real PE – At home programme which supports families to be active, play and learn together (add page)
- White Rose Maths – White Rose Maths are currently providing a daily video and work under the home learning tab on the website’s main page.
- Number fun – Maths videos, songs, activities and games.
- Jumpstart Johnny – Jump Start Jonny is helping families stay fit and healthy with his FREE workout videos! There are also mindfulness activities that help children stay calm and downloadable resources that keep children well occupied!
- Super movers – Fun curriculum linked resources to get children moving while they learn.
- Go Noodle – A range of movement and mindfulness videos and games
- duolingo – learn a new language – where in the world do you want to go today