Hello Year 1!
I hope you are all well. This week you will receive your login details for our new Google Classroom. Once you are logged in to this, we will be able to share work as well as what you have been up to.
Some work has been set up there for the week. However, just in case there are any problems getting you logged in for the first time, I will put some of the work I would like you to complete below.
- Reading: As always, keep reading. You can find Oxford Reading Tree eBooks on Oxford Reading Buddy and Oxford Owl. Remember to take the quiz connected to the book, so I can see how well you are reading.
- Spelling: The summer term spelling are on the class website, along with a printer friendly version. You can then complete the activities connected to these spelling on Spelling Shed.
- Grammar: Please complete the ‘Grammar – Y1 A’ Test on SPaG.com.
- The Very Noisy Night by Diane Henry: Visit the Oak National Academy to listen to the story and complete the activities.
- I have allocated a task on My Maths (Position & Turning), please complete this first. There is also last week’s task (Position, Direction & Movement) if this has not been completed.
- Maths Quiz – Positions, Sections 1
- Maths Quiz – Positions, Sections 2
- Maths Quiz – Positions, Sections 3
- Activities have also been allocated to Abacus Active Learn.
Hopefully these will get you off to a good start if there are any problems. Further work has been set for Science, Health and Wellbeing on Google Classroom.
Back to School
This week we will be welcoming some of you back into school. Things do look a little different in our class to what they normally do. I was in our classroom last week removing some resources and moving desks around. It was very strange being in there without you all. We can’t have as many children in class at the moment, so you have now been put into ‘bubbles’. Some of you will come to school on Wednesday and some on Thursday. Some will be in our Y1 classroom and some will be in the Y2 classroom. I have added some pictures below so you can see. You will be welcomed back by Mrs Mackley and Mrs Dunn, and will be completing activities I have set for you with them.
I have added a daily routine and an eBook that you may like to read, about returning to school.
I can’t wait to talk to you all soon on Google Classroom!